AATakeCharge is a Social Security Administration (SSA) Ticket to Work Employment Network that works to support employment that will lead to self-sufficiency. We provide reimbursements of certain work related expenses to help you maintain or transition to self-sufficiency. 



How it Works

1. How much reimbursement can I receive from AATakeCharge?

You can receive up to $12,000 in reimbursements from AATakeCharge. The money is distributed over a 3-5 year period provided you meet your earning targets.

You must start out earning at least $970 per month for a nine month period.  For those first nine months you qualify for up to $2,400 in reimbursement of certain work related expenses.

To continue qualifying for reimbursements of work related expenses up to the full $12,000 you must increase your earnings to at least $1,350 per month ($2,260 if you are legally blind) and come off of your SSA monthly check (you can stay on your healthcare coverage).  If you cannot increase your earnings and go off cash benefits, you will no longer qualify for reimbursements.  

If you anticipate being able to earn at least $970 per month you SHOULD sign up. TakeCharge provides more reimbursements than any other EN in the program. 

2. Are there restrictions on what I can be reimbursed for?

Yes. You can only be reimbursed for products and services that help you enter or remain in the workforce. Examples include transportation costs such as taxi, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, tutoring, training or education, child care, health care, including mental health therapy, personal care expenses, computer/cell phone expenses, impairment related work expenses, self-employment, job coaching, and many others.  Almost any reasonable expense that will help you remain employed or allow you to advance in your career will qualify.

3. Will the Social Security Administration make Ticket Payments directly to me?

No. The Ticket-to-Work program is structured such that the Social Security Administration (SSA) will only make payments to Employment Networks (ENs) based on the work earnings achieved by the individual beneficiaries assigned to each EN.  AATakeCharge uses a portion of the payments from SSA to reimburse certain work related expenses that our clients have.

4. This sounds almost too good to be true. How can I be sure that AATakeCharge will really reimburse certain work related expenses?

Call the SSA Ticket-to-Work program at (866) 968-7842 to verify that AATakeCharge has been an approved EN in good standing since 2007.

5. How do I sign up to receive reimbursements from AATakeCharge?

You must have a telephone conversation with one of our agents before you can assign your ticket to us.   Call 1-855-460-8226 between the hours of 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM CT M-F. 

If you would like us to call you at a time convenient for you, click here. 

6. How can I find more information about the Ticket to Work program?

The goal of the Ticket to Work Program (TTW) is to assist people in reducing their reliance on Social Security disability benefits.  TTW promotes increased self-sufficiency and greater independence, for people receiving Social Security disability benefits, through work. For an overview of the entire Ticket to Work program please visit www.choosework.ssa.gov.  To talk with an agent at Ticket to Work who can answer questions about the Ticket to Work program call: 1-866-968-7842.

7. How will work affect my Medicaid or Medicare benefits?

To learn more about how working will impact your Medicaid or Medicare benefits please visit Medicare and Medicaid Employment Supports.

Sign Up by Phone

Sign up by calling (855) 460-8226 between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:00 pm CST Monday through Friday.

To register for a time to talk with one of our advisors click the Register Online button below.

Privacy Policy                                                                                                                                               Terms and Conditions